- 3/4 Pound Gwaltney Breakfast Sausage3/4 Pound
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion1/2 Cup
- 1 Can Drained Mushroom Pieces And Stems (Optional)1 Can
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp.
- 3 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Sage (Optional)3 Tbsp.
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese1 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Baking Mix1/2 Cup
- 1/2 Cup Milk1/2 Cup
- 2 Eggs2
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
In a medium-sized skillet, cook Gwaltney Sausage and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and cool 5 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms, salt, sage and cheese.
In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended.
Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup.
Top with about ¼ cup sausage mixture.
Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto Gwaltney Sausage mixture in each muffin cup.
Bake about 30 minutes or when top of pies are golden brown.
Cool 5 minutes. With a knife, loosen sides of pies and remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack.